7369 Old Redmond Rd, Redmond, WA 98052
email@example.com 425-894-1220 http://michaeladcock.info
Leverage my problem solving skills to design resourceful solutions in information architecture and user experience.
Research Assistant – University of Washington Information School, Seattle, WA – October 2006 – June 2007
- Owned software prototyping effort exploring PIM concepts on the Keeping Found Things Found (KFTF) project.
- Assisted other researchers in implementing and evaluating fieldwork pilot studies.
- Contributed to paper submission for Hypertext 2007 conference; publication at SIGCHI 2008
Senior Software Engineer – RAF Technology, Redmond, Washington – April, 2003 – May, 2005
- Acted as project lead for a knowledge-based authentication product. Managed multiple software releases and shipments to the government agency client.
- Identified goals for each release, created design documents and schedules, worked as development lead for feature design and coding, closely worked with QA team, developers, and client to monitor progress, participated in bug fixing, provided information and guidance to offsite user documentation writer, performed software builds, and acted as release manager for final shipment to customer.
- Maintained a custom, legacy database designed for efficient, secure access to data.
Software Engineer - Bsquare Corporation, Bellevue, Washington – February, 1998 – July, 2002
- Assisted in the research and development of a new business opportunity. Searched for potential partners and customers, assisted in discussions, determined hardware and software requirements.
- Presented "Developing Information Appliances with Windows CE" at the Embedded Developers Conference on February 6-8, 2001 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Acted as lead developer and owned complete design and implementation of an ebook demo. Wrote specifications, scripts and applications, provided artwork, and wrote final user documentation.
- Developed IDE features, maintained build scripts, actively supported demos and provided internal and external training for several software development kits.
- Gained knowledge of how to prepare source code for localization and handle related UI issues.
- Participated in the full product life cycle of many projects.
- Often worked across teams (within the company and with clients) to find and implement solutions.
- Performed code merges on several projects.
Software Engineer – Pixel-Head Productions, Houston, Texas – June, 1997 – November, 1997
Conferences & Professional Affiliations
IA Summit 2009 – participant – March 20-22, 2009
InfoCamp Seattle 2008 – volunteer, participant – September 27-28, 2008
ASIS&T iEdge 2008 – volunteer coordinator, panel member, participant – April 2, 2008
InfoCamp Seattle 2007 – volunteer, participant – October 13-14, 2007
ASIS&T iEdge 2007 – poster presenter, participant – March 28, 2007